Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bayless <3 torture

Hello, I wished to let the Bayless/Frontera organization know how deeply disappointed I was to hear Rick Bayless call for the repeal of the foie-gras ban in Chicago recently. I have eaten frequently at Frontera and Topolobampo and always appreciated the care the chefs took to offer thoroughly well-made dishes without meat or dairy. I had plans in fact to come again on Friday, but I am directing my party to another restaurant, where the proprietor isn't so tangled up in some neurotic Second City insecurities or bizarre affection for the most appalling forms of animal torture.
No longer yours,
me

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could have sworn i read in Bayless's book that he thinks vegans are stupid. but i did a google search and it appears that vegans on the internet generally love the guy. and i mean love. it's creepy. i also came across vague expressions of resentment among some "authetic" mexican people who prefer cheap taquerias. my guess is that's related to Bayless's excessive use of zucchini and squash, two vegetables which were never meant to enter the human digestive system.

related: there is a carol-adams-slide-show-esque blog here http://www.suicidefood.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home